Natural Resources -Water
Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
· Exciting opportunity join a high performing Water Modelling team in the Manly Hydraulics Laboratory
· Manly Vale office location with flexible hybrid office and Work From Home model
· Ongoing Permanent role (35 hours per week) with a salary up ranging from $66,202 to $102,403 + super
Our Water Infrastructure NSW team is currently seeking to appoint a Project Engineer (Water Modeller) to assist in the delivery of a range of flood, hydrological and hydraulic modelling projects. In this role, you will work with senior staff members to facilitate the completion of larger projects, as well as assist clients with enquiries and contribute to promoting the services of the laboratory.
This role is a Diversity Targeted position where we strongly encourage those who identify as Aboriginal OR with a Disability to apply, along with all other job seekers. Working to the Premier’s Priorities in driving public sector diversity, we are committed to a 50/50 gender balance within the Technical and Advisory Services team.
You will have proven experience delivering water modelling projects on time and on budget with competing priorities. You will also have strong customer service and relationship building skills, and a dedication to providing exceptional client service at all times.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated water modeller to join a dedicated team and contribute to a range of engineering and environmental data water projects. We also offer career development and advancement opportunities.
· Appropriate Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline at Degree level.
· You will have strong TUFLOW hydraulic modelling experience, hydrological modelling experience and be familiar with ARR19. Experience in Python Scripting, GIS, MIKE-FLOOD, eWater Source, coastal engineering and an ability to swim will also be advantageous.
· Please note travel is occasionally required for this role therefore you must have a valid NSW Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel across various locations within NSW including overnight stay.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
Manly Hydraulics Laboratory (MHL) provides specialist services in coastal, flood, hydraulic, water, sewer, stormwater, and environmental solutions, including extensive environmental data collection programs and physical and numerical modelling. MHL manages Australia’s largest coastal monitoring network and has been solving coastal, port, and hydraulic engineering problems since 1944.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Thursday 11 August 2022, at 11:55pm