Manager, Member Experience
· Are you ready to be part of something exceptional?
· Do you want to help drive change and make a positive impact on our planet’s future?
· Look no further! We invite you to become a member of our passionate, collaborative, and inclusive team.
· Chatswood based (brand new offices!) and hybrid work environment.
· Permanent full-time, immediate start
The Australian Water Association (AWA), is Australia's largest water network, we are on a mission to inspire and drive a sustainable water future. With the dedication of nearly 400 volunteers, we create opportunities for our members to Share, Connect, and Inspire through our extensive networks, events, programs, and content. Our commitment extends globally as we contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through our International Program. We take pride in our impact on the water sector, and through supporting our members we improve the quality of life and prosperity, not just for Australians, but for people worldwide.
We are in the next phase of our customer (member) experience (CX) digital transformation, marked by ambitious plans for our team and members. Our focus is on elevating the member experience while identifying opportunities that have long lasting impact and better serve our members.
As our Manager, Member Experience, you will play a key role in managing and optimising the Member Lifecycle to enable a great experience across all stages of the member journey. Your expertise will empower us to transform member data into invaluable insights, shaping our strategies, decision-making processes, and CRM workflows to deliver outstanding member experiences.
Your main areas of focus in this role:
Enhancing Member Experiences: You will be the advocate for our members' best interests, acting as “Voice of Customer” championing end-to-end member experiences to drive growth and retention. With your proactive approach you will craft exceptional experiences for our members, making satisfaction the focus of your role.
· Process Improvement: You're always on the lookout for ways to make things better. You'll lead the charge in streamlining processes, applying your knowledge of Agile Methodology in doing so, ensuring efficiency, and promoting a problem-solving culture when it comes to member concerns.
· Data-Driven Insights and reporting: Leverage technology to gather data, analyse feedback. Generate meaningful insights from our member channels Your findings will be instrumental in shaping our Member Strategy alongside the senior leadership team.
· Collaboration: Partner closely with our Member Experience Program Manager to implement impactful member experience projects. Collaborate with our Hubspot partner to drive efficiencies using agile methodologies while overseeing the acquisition of new members.
What you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with experience in customer journey mapping, customer centred design and process improvement.
An understanding of membership based NFP Associations in relation to member centricity. Experience in the Water sector is also a bonus.
Strong data, analytical and data visualisation skills as well as advanced Excel skills.
Your knowledge and experience using HubSpot is also highly desirable too.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Natural ability to build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with key internal stakeholders and members
Customer centric people person with a passion for providing a memorable member experience and improving member outcomes, retention, and growth.
Strategic thinker and proactive, problem solving and analytical mindset
Why you’ll love working with AWA:
We’re a diverse collection of people who have come together because we share a common goal to inspire positive change. Our team is supportive and we have an open-minded, forward-thinking, and inclusive culture. We offer a range of employee benefits including:
· Flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work environment that prioritise your work-life balance.
· Time off in lieu to recharge and unwind.
· A strong focus on your professional development, with mentorship opportunities to help you grow.
· Wellbeing initiatives that prioritise your physical and mental health.
· Birthday leave to celebrate your special day.
· Salary packaging options that maximise your earnings.
· Access to exclusive discounts from a wide range of retailers and entertainment providers.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organisation and celebrate difference in all that we do.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and by supporting and incorporating their diverse talents, knowledge, perspectives, and experiences, we can strengthen our relationships with our members and influence real change.
We are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, gender, skills, abilities and locations.
To apply: Please provide a covering letter specifically addressing the selection criteria together with your CV by no later than Friday 6th October 2023.
The Australian Water Association is Australia’s biggest water network. Our purpose is to inspire and drive a sustainable water future. Our value proposition is to drive prosperity and sustainability by providing individuals with career enrichment and organisations with business opportunities as we:
Share - information and knowledge
Connect - members with industry and stakeholders
Inspire - positive change
Our membership is broadly-based and multi-disciplinary, covering the entire water cycle and associated industries including professionals and practitioners working in utilities, science, research and academia, energy and resources, manufacturing and agriculture, just to name a few.