Consultant - Recycled water, biosolids and waste product management
Macquarie Franklin Pty Ltd
Hobart TAS, Australia
We are on the lookout for a consultant to join our growing Recycled Water, Biosolids and Waste Product Management team. The position will be based in Hobart. Flexibility in working hours will be offered to the right candidate.
Essential skills and experience:
• Strong science background (tertiary training), with training in engineering, agricultural, environmental or water science.
• A minimum of three years relevant work experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing high quality, scientific reports suitable for different target audiences (e.g. landowners, corporate clients, environmental regulator etc.).
Additional technical skills and experience:
Note: We don’t expect one person to have experience in all of these areas. If you have experience with several of these, and are keen to continue to grow your skills in recycled water and biosolids management, that’s a great start and we'd love to hear from you..
• Recycled water management – understanding of relevant guidelines, wastewater quality, wastewater treatment processes, feasibility assessments, irrigation scheme design, environmental management plans, site management plan, scheme management, scheme monitoring, etc.
• Biosolids management – understanding of relevant guidelines, land-based disposal / reuse, nutrient balances, composting, site management plans, etc.
• Agricultural systems – experience with farming systems in southern Australia, farm nutrient balances, agronomy, irrigation systems, crop irrigation requirements, water balances, practical management plans, etc.
• Environmental monitoring programs – designing monitoring programs, implementing soil, groundwater or surface water monitoring programs, sample collection / field work, results interpretation, reporting etc.
• Wastewater process engineering – skills and experience in wastewater treatment design, ability to assess and troubleshoot existing wastewater treatment processes, design monitoring programs etc.
• Environmental approvals – experience with navigating complex environmental approval processes, developing environmental management plans, liaising with regulators etc.
Macquarie Franklin is a leading consultancy for business, agriculture and the environment.
We are a privately owned consulting company that specialises in independent advice and services to farm businesses, agribusiness, industry and government. Based in Tasmania, Macquarie Franklin works with clients and industries throughout Australia and internationally.
We are a successful and valued business that provides sound, practical solutions for our clients to ensure the long-term viability of their businesses, the agriculture sector, and the surrounding environment.
We offer a broad range of complementary services across business, agriculture and environment portfolios, including economic and feasibility studies, irrigation and water development, land capability and mapping, natural resource management, training and extension, project management, business management advice and support, and technical agricultural consulting.
Our team take pride in what they do and gain satisfaction in working with clients to achieve meaningful outcomes. The advice offered by our technically competent and experienced team is honest, independent, and based on the best science and information available.